✨ % off product collection - A % discount is a great way to introduce your members to a specific product line, inspiring them to buy more in the future. This discount will apply to all products within the collection.
📝 Note: This reward type is recommended to be online only. If you want to have it available in-store as well, it requires strict staff training to split the sale into two sales if the member is making additional purchases. The reward should only be redeemed on a POS sale that only contains the relevant products.
Creating rewards is easy. There's no need to create coupon codes - these are automatically generated when a member spends their points to redeem the reward. Coupon codes are unique and only work once.
In this article:
- How to create a % off product collection reward
1. Find your product collection ID in Shopify
2. Create a % off product collection reward
- Tips for success
How to create a % off product collection reward
Part 1: How to find a product collection ID in Shopify
Rewarding a % off product collection requires you to find the product's Shopify collection ID.
1. In your Shopify Admin, go to Products
2. Under Collections, click into the collection you would like to discount in your reward
3. In the URL of your collection, copy the ending 9 digit number
This is your collection's unique ID code.
Part 2: Create a % off product collection reward
1. In your Beautiful Loyalty Programs for Shopify admin, go to Rewards
2. Click Add Reward
Add the details of your reward:
3. Reward Title: Give your reward a title that lets your members know which product collection is discounted and get them excited to redeem it
4. Coupon Type: Click Percentage Off in the drop-down
5. Discount amount: Enter the % discount amount
6. Points cost: Set the number of points a member needs to spend to redeem your reward
7. Under Advanced options, go to Only apply to these collection IDs
8. Paste your Shopify Collection ID (9 digit number) in the text box and click Add
9. Under Terms, enter the terms that you want your members to abide by when using this reward
> Examples of terms to include with your loyalty rewards
10. Click Create
Your new reward will now show on the Rewards page of your loyalty widget and is ready for your members to redeem.
Tips for success
- Get creative with your reward titles. Add variety and personality to your reward titles to create customer interest in redeeming rewards.
- Create three or more rewards to encourage members to earn more and more points to spend. A rewards ladder gives your members more flexibility to choose rewards they would like to earn points towards and encourages them to spend more in order to achieve higher point cost rewards.
- In-store - Make sure your staff know what your loyalty rewards are so they can inform customers at checkout. This will encourage your existing members to be active with the loyalty program, and new customers to join.
- Find out what rewards your members like - try creating rewards with different discount types and amounts and measure their success.
- It’s important to be sure you also include the relevant terms and conditions for rewards. Whether it's to encourage fair use or to protect your store, outlining exactly how and when your rewards can be redeemed ensures that your rewards are used as you intend them to be used.
How do members redeem % off product collection rewards?
- Online - The member adds the relevant products specified in the reward to their cart and their unique coupon code to the discounts bar at checkout. The reward discount is automatically applied to deduct the discount off the relevant products. If they do not add the product to their cart, the reward will not work.
- In-Store - 📝 Note: This reward type is recommended to be online only. The reward should only be redeemed on a sale that only contains the relevant products. The member will tell staff that they have a reward they would like to redeem. The staff member adds the member's details to the sale and must add only the relevant products to their cart. If the member is making additional purchases, it requires strict staff training to split the sale into two sales. It is important to make sure the products are only the specific product outlined in the reward details. The staff member then needs to click redeem on the reward under the member's account. There are no checks in place to make sure they add the correct product. Here's more detail on POS reward redemption
Does the points cost get taken away from their balance when they redeem a reward?
Yes, as soon as a reward is redeemed, the members points balance is adjusted, removing the points cost, to prevent them redeeming rewards they are not entitled to. This protects your store.
Why should I create rewards at different points costs?
A reward ladder entices your members to earn points to spend on your rewards. It allows them to work towards a reward that is appealing to them and gives them the choice of the reward that they want the most. Loyalty programs with 3-5 rewards see greater success, in terms of customer engagement.
Can members redeem more than one reward at a time?
Even if a member has enough points to redeem multiple rewards, they can only use one reward discount code at checkout at a time. This is set by Shopify to prevent discount stacking.
Can a member redeem their discount code more than once?
No, reward discount codes are unique and only available for one time use.