In this article:
- How to create your referral program
- How it works - your customers' experience
- Track the performance of the referring friends option
How to create your referral program
- In your app admin, go to Earning Points
2. Under Referring friends
3. Click Edit
4. Under How many points should members get for a successful friend referral? enter the number loyalty points you would like to reward your members when they've made a successful friend referral
📝 Note: A successful friend referral is when the referred friend makes their first purchase and becomes a new customer.
5. Under Get the new customer shopping with a referred bonus, create an incentive for the referred friend to make their first purchase
- Choose the discount type: dollars off, percentage off or free shipping
- Enter a discount value when applicable
6. Click Save
How it works - your members' experience
The referrer - your current loyalty members
When your members log in to their account and visit the Earn tab of your loyalty widget, they will see your 'Refer a friend' reward.
Here, they can click on this option to find their unique referral link that can be shared to make spreading the word quick and easy.
📝 Note: The member will not receive referral points at this stage. Points are rewarded when their friend makes their first purchase.
The referred - your new customer
The referred friend must make an account via the unique referral link. Once they have made an account, they will be sent your referred bonus to use on their first purchase.
Ensure your Referral Coupon Email notification is turned on and styled to your brand so that new referred customers are engaged right from the kick-off!
Track the performance of the referring friends option
Once you've set-up how many points your members earns for successfully referring their friends, you can track the progress. Here's how:
2. Click See Activity
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Members who completed this action
- Who the member successfully referred
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action