🔓 Product & collection point blacklisting is unlocked on plans: Advanced & Pro
Point blacklisting allows you to exclude certain products or product collections from your loyalty program. When a product or product collection has been blacklisted, members cannot earn loyalty points on those products or product collection items when purchased.
If you use Shopify: You can blacklist products and product collections
If you use BigCommerce: You can blacklist product categories
Common reasons for blacklisting products are:
- Sale products - products that are already discounted
- High-value products - products that have a high sale price, meaning members would earn points quickly in comparison with your other products.
- Low revenue products - products that you don't make much margin on
- Certain brands - brands that do not allow discounts to be placed on them
- Gift cards - to prevent a double up of points. This way the gift card buyer does not get the points. The customer who uses the gift card will earn the points if they become a loyalty member when they purchase.
> How to blacklist products from your loyalty program in Shopify
> How to blacklist product collections from your loyalty program in Shopify
> How to blacklist product categories from your loyalty program in BigCommerce