When a member completes a purchase on your online store, the sale will be recorded against their loyalty account.
As a default, they will earn points when the order status is Paid.
In this article:
- Choosing your order rewarding settings
- How it works - Your customers' experience
Choosing your order rewarding settings
1. In your app admin, under Settings > Order Rewarding
2. Under Reward points when payment status is one of: click the text box to open the drop-down options
3. Click the payment status option/s for when you would like to reward points
4. Click And when Fulfillment Status is one of
5. From the drop down, click your preferred Fulfillment Status option
If you would like members to earn loyalty points based on payment status alone, leave the When Fulfillment Status is One Of field empty.
💡 Pro Tip: The Fulfillment Status control can add extra protection to you from customers who may refund pending orders to abuse the loyalty point system.
6. Click Save at the bottom of the page
📝 Note: You must have Accounts are optional or Accounts are required checked in your Shopify Checkout Settings for members to earn points.
How it works - Your customers' experience
When a member has completed a purchase, they will automatically be rewarded their loyalty points based on your settings.
If you have Collected Points Email Notifications turned on, they will automatically receive your email, notifying them of their updated points balance and how far away they are from their next reward.