In this article:
Put on two hats. Try your loyalty program as both the member and a retailer
- Add yourself as a new member -
a. On your loyalty widget
b. Make a purchase on your eCommerce store
- As a retailer, confirm the order in Shopify to reward points automatically
- Make a purchase through your eCommerce store and redeem a unique reward coupon
Add yourself as a new member
There are a few ways customers can join your loyalty program. Below are a couple of the most common methods - choose one and proceed with adding yourself as a member.
> Learn about the different ways customers can join your loyalty program
📝 Note: For customers to be able to join your program, you need to have customer accounts enabled.
Through the loyalty widget on your online store
▶️ This video demonstrates how to easily join your loyalty program through the online widget.
By making a purchase on your online store
▶️ Points are automatically rewarded for making purchases online.
To join by making a purchase:
1. Open your online store
2. Add a couple of products to your cart and proceed to checkout
💡 Quick Tip: Add enough products to the sale so that you will earn enough points to redeem a reward later.
3. Enter your customer information - Make sure you enter your First Name, Last Name and Email Address
4. Complete the order
💡 Pro Tip: Shopify checkout has the option to process 'test orders' so that you don't have to actually spend any money. Find out how to create a test order here
5. Check your email inbox and open "Customer Account Activation"
6. Click Activate your account
7. Under Activate Account, enter a password and enter the password again to confirm it. Then click Activate Account
This will open your customer account in Shopify with your order history and account details.
You are now a loyalty program member.
As a retailer, confirm the order in Shopify to reward points automatically
- In your Shopify Admin, go to Orders
2. Under Orders, click on the order you just made
3. Mark your order as Paid.
📝 Note: If you want to reward points at a different point in time for orders, you can change this in your settings.
You, as the customer, will now have earned points for your purchase. If you have your Earned Points email turned on, you will also receive a notification of the points you just earned.
Make a purchase through your eCommerce store and redeem a unique reward code
▶️ This video quickly demonstrates how to easily redeem rewards online.
If you have your Earned Points email enabled, in your Email inbox, open the email
Here you can see:
- How many points you just earned
- Your loyalty points balance
- How far you are away from your next reward
View Rewards will lead you to your online store, with your loyalty widget open. As you are logged in to your account already, the loyalty widget will automatically open your loyalty member profile.
If you don't have your emails enabled, simply open your loyalty widget.
If you have earned enough points to redeem a reward, and have your Reward Unlocked email enabled, you'll receive a notification that you have earned enough for a reward. To redeem, follow the steps below. If you need to earn a few more points, make another purchase, then continue.
1. To redeem a reward, click Redeem on a reward you have enough points for
Once redeemed, the required points will be removed from your account. If you have your Reward Coupon email enabled, you will also receive your unique reward coupon by email, incase you want to use it later.
2. Copy the unique coupon code
3. Close the loyalty widget
4. On your online store, add a couple of products to your cart and proceed to checkout
5. In the Discounts Bar, paste your unique coupon code and click Apply
The discount will automatically be applied to the sale
6. Complete the sale